|Attributes||Old Abilities Attributes Old Abilities Attribute Bonus edit] Also known as stats, was a passive ability possessed by every hero. Each additional level of Attribute Bonus increases all attributes—strength, agility, and intelligence—by 2.|
Attributes are the main statistics of all heroes that independently determine most scaling statistics. These attributes are strength, agility, and intelligence. Attributes are gained when a hero levels up, obtains a talent Main Table of Gained Bonuses The Talent Selection interface. Talents are traits unique to each hero. They are chosen every 5th level starting at level 10, offering a permanent choice between , buys certain items Play “Singing trio.” It has been suggested that this article or section be split into multiple new articles. Reason given: The shop should get its own page Discussion to support or oppose the split should be , or uses certain abilities.
Every hero has a primary attribute, which controls his or her attack damage. Every point in their primary attribute adds 1 point of damage to their attacks, and any bonus to a hero`s primary attribute will affect that hero`s attack damage. Usually, a hero`s primary attribute will determine how he or she is played. For instance, intelligence heroes are typically more dependent on abilities. A hero`s primary attribute typically grows faster than the other two attributes.
- Dota 2 Beginners Guide: Skills and Attributes (This is the third episode of o)
- Learn Dota 2 - Guides & Basics - Stats and Attributes (Stats and Attributes guide sho)
Strength is a measure of a hero`s toughness and endurance. Strength determines a hero`s maximum health “ Play Life becomes death becomes new life. As it should be. Click to listen— Treant Protector ” Health (also known as HP, which can be short for: health pool or health points) represents the life and health regeneration “ Play Life becomes death becomes new life. As it should be. Click to listen— Treant Protector ” Health (also known as HP, which can be short for: health pool or health points) represents the life . Heroes with strength as their primary attribute can be hard to kill, so they will often take initiator and tank roles, initiating fights and taking most of the damage from enemy attacks.
- Every point in strength increases maximum health by 20.
- Every point in strength increases health regeneration by 0.06 health per second.
- If strength is a hero`s primary attribute, every point in strength increases his or her attack damage by 1.
Agility is a measure of a hero`s swiftness and dexterity. Agility determines a hero`s armor Armor is an attribute shared by all units. Armor is used to determine the amount of damage reduction (or amplification if an armor value is negative) a unit takes from physical damage sources. Higher armor and attack speed The frequency with which units attack is measured in attack speed. A unit s attack speed can be modified by items, agility, abilities, and auras. Contents 1 Base attack time 2 Attack speed representation 3 Attack . Heroes with agility as their primary attribute tend to be more dependent on their auto-attacks and items Play “Singing trio.” It has been suggested that this article or section be split into multiple new articles. Reason given: The shop should get its own page Discussion to support or oppose the split should be , and are usually capable of falling back on their abilities in a pinch. Agility heroes often take carry and Gank roles.
- Every point in agility increases a hero`s armor by 1/7.
- Every point in agility increases a hero`s attack speed by 1.
- If agility is a hero`s primary attribute, every point in agility increases his or her attack damage by 1.
Intelligence is a measure of a hero`s wit and wisdom. Intelligence determines a hero`s maximum mana Play Out of mana! “ Play It s a new age of magic! Click to listen— Keeper of the Light ” Mana (also known as MP, which is short for mana points) represents the magic power of a , mana regeneration Play Out of mana! “ Play It s a new age of magic! Click to listen— Keeper of the Light ” Mana (also known as MP, which is short for mana points) represents the magic power of a and spell damage. Heroes with intelligence as their primary attribute tend to rely on their abilities to deal damage or help others. Intelligence heroes often take support, gank, and pusher roles.
- Every point in intelligence increases a hero`s maximum mana by 11.
- Every point in intelligence increases a hero`s mana regeneration by 0.04 mana per second.
- Every point in intelligence increases a hero`s spell damage by 0.07%.
- If intelligence is a hero`s primary attribute, every point in intelligence increases his or her attack damage by 1.
Items improving attributes
Each attribute has its own set of items Play “Singing trio.” It has been suggested that this article or section be split into multiple new articles. Reason given: The shop should get its own page Discussion to support or oppose the split should be that focus on boosting it. These items are different for each attribute. In order to categorize them, they`re split into 5 different sections:
- Simple Items boost their associated attribute by 3. These items can be built into their Upgrade Item, and are usually taken as starting items to make up for gaps in a hero`s statistics. The Iron Branch costs 50 gold while the other 3 cost 150 gold.
- Upgrade Items boost their associated attribute by 6, the other two attributes by 3, and increase damage by 3. They are made by combining an attribute`s Simple Item, a Circlet Item Changelogs CircletB An elegant circlet designed for human princesses. Cost165 Bought FromAttributes Bonus +2 Strength+2 Agility+2 Intelligence Disassemble? No Alert allies? No Recipe The Circlet is an item purchasable at , and a recipe. They`re generally taken if a hero is having difficulty reaching their core items. Their costs differ between attributes.
- Medium Items boost their associated attribute by 6. Though generally not taken to increase attributes, these items can all be combined with Boots of Speed Item Changelogs Boots of SpeedBL Fleet footwear, increasing movement. Cost400 Bought FromArcane Bonus +45 Movement speed Disassemble? No Alert allies? No Recipe The Boots of Speed are an item purchasable at and Gloves of Haste Item Changelogs Gloves of HasteBL A pair of magical gloves that seems to render weapons weightless. Cost500 Bought FromArcane Bonus +20 Attack speed Disassemble? No Alert allies? No Recipe The Gloves in order to build Power Treads Item Changelogs Power TreadsBL A pair of tough-skinned boots that change to meet the demands of the wearer. Cost1350 Bought FromCommon Active Switch Attribute Bonus +25 Attack speed+45 Movement speed Disassemble? . They cost 450 gold.
- Large Items boost their associated attribute by 10. These items are usually components in more powerful items, and all combined with Point Booster Item Changelogs Point BoosterS A perfectly formed amethyst that nourishes body and mind when held. Cost1200 Bought FromSecret Shop Bonus +175 Health+175 Mana Disassemble? No Alert allies? No Recipe The Point are used to make Aghanim`s Scepter Item Upgraded Abilities Old Abilities Lore Changelogs Aghanim s Scepter The scepter of a wizard with demigod-like powers. Cost4200 Bought FromCaster Passive Ultimate Upgrade Bonus +10 Strength+10 Agility+10 Intelligence+175 . They cost 1000 gold.
- Ultimate Items boost their associated attribute by 25. These are mostly used to make late game items because of how expensive they are. Their costs differ between attributes, but are between 2700 and 3200 gold.
Abilities and items modifying attributes
- Armlet of Mordiggian - Unholy StrengthAttribute Modification: +25 Strength
- Drow Ranger - Marksmanship
- Morphling - Morph (Agility Gain)Bonus Attributes: +3/4/5/6 Agility
Attribute Modification: +2/4/8/16 Agility, -2/4/8/16 Strength per second
Bonus is gained from leveling the ability.
- Morphling - Morph (Strength Gain)Bonus Attributes: +3/4/5/6 Strength
Attribute Modification: +2/4/8/16 Strength, -2/4/8/16 Agility per second
Bonus is gained from leveling the ability.
- Outworld Devourer - Arcane Orb
- Phantom Lancer - Phantom RushAttribute Modification: +6/14/22/30 Agility
Grants Phantom Lancer agility upon successfully attacking the rush target.
- Power Treads Item Changelogs Power TreadsBL A pair of tough-skinned boots that change to meet the demands of the wearer. Cost1350 Bought FromCommon Active Switch Attribute Bonus +25 Attack speed+45 Movement speed Disassemble? - Switch AttributeAttribute Modification: +10 Strength/Agility/Intelligence
Switches the attribute bonus between Strength, Agility, and Intelligence.
- Pudge - Flesh Heap
- Silencer - Intelligence StealAttribute Modification: ₱2 Intelligence per stack
One stack is permanently applied every time an enemy hero dies in a 925 AoE or is killed by Silencer. Intelligence is added to Silencer and removed from dying heroes.
- Slark - Essence ShiftAttribute Modification: -1 All / +3 Agility per stack
One stack is applied every time Slark attacks an enemy hero. Each stack reduces the attributes of enemies and adds Agility to Slark.
- Sven - God`s StrengthAttribute Modification: +12/24/36 Strength
- Timbersaw - Whirling Death
- Undying - Decay
Abilities modified by attributes
- Centaur Warrunner - ReturnReturn Damage: 16/18/20/22 + 30%/45%/60%/75% Strength
- Centaur Warrunner - StampedeDamage: 100%/200%/300% Strength
- Drow Ranger - Precision Aura
- Ethereal Blade - Ether BlastDamage: 75 + 2 x Primary attribute
- Huskar - Inner VitalityHealth Regen above Threshold: 10 + 5%/10%/15%/20% Primary attribute
Health Regen below Threshold: 10 + 20%/40%/60%/80% Primary attribute
Modified by target hero`s primary attribute. If the target is below the 35% of max health threshold, the health regeneration is boosted.
- Morphling - Adaptive StrikeStun Duration: 0.25 to 1.25/2.25/3.25/4.25
Damage: 100 + (0.25 to 0.5/1/1.5/2) x Agility
If Strength is 50% higher than Agility, does minimum damage but maximum stun. If Agility is 50% higher than Strength, does minimum stun and maximum damage.
- Nyx Assassin - Mana BurnDamage and Mana Burn: 3.5/4/4.5/5 ⃗ Intelligence
Modified by target hero`s Intelligence.
- Outworld Devourer - Sanity`s EclipseDamage: 8/9/10 ⃗ Intelligence Difference
If the target`s Intelligence is greater than Outworld Devourer`s, the spell has no effect.
- Pudge - DismemberDamage and Self Heal: 60/90/120 + 30%/45%/60% Strength
- Riki - Cloak and Dagger
- Silencer - Glaives of WisdomDamage: 35%/50%/65%/80% Intelligence
- Skywrath Mage - Arcane BoltDamage: 60/80/100/120 + 1.6 ⃗ Intelligence
- Illusions benefit from attributes.
Of the three attributes, each hero specializes in one. This is called the Primary Attribute and it determines their attack damage. Each point in the primary attribute increases attack damage by one. Usually a hero`s primary attribute will grow faster than the other two attributes. Every hero gains a constant amount of Strength, Agility, and Intelligence per level unique to their hero.
Strength increases maximum health and health regeneration.
Each point of Strength:
- Increases Hit Points by 20
- Increases Hit Point Regeneration by 0.03 (every 33 points = 1 hp regen)
- Increases the damage of Strength heroes by 1
Agility increases armor and attack speed.
Each point of Agility:
- Increases Attack Speed by 1
- Increases Armor by 0.14 (every 7 points = 1 armor)
- Increases the damage of Agility heroes by 1
Intelligence increases maximum mana, mana regeneration and spell damage.
Each point of Intelligence:
- Increases Mana Points by 12
- Increases Mana Point Regeneration by 0.04 (every 25 points = 1 mana regen)
- Increases the damage of Intelligence heroes by 1
- Increases spell damage by 0.0625% (every 16 points = 1%)