Minecraft: Pocket Edition is the mobile version of Minecraft Minecraft Author(s) Mojang AB (Credits) Markus "Notch" Persson (Creator) Jens "Jeb" Bergensten (Lead Developer) Jon "jonkagstrom" Kågström (AI Programmer) Nathan "Dinnerbone" Adams Erik "Grum" Broes Michael "Searge" Stoyke Thomas "ProfMobius" Guimbretière Agnes "LadyAgnes" Larsson Maria developed by Mojang AB Mojang AB Type Subsidiary Founder(s) Markus Persson, Jakob Porsér, and Carl Manneh Founded 2009 Headquarters Stockholm, Sweden Key people Jens Bergensten Products Minecraft, Scrolls, Cobalt, and Crown and Council Parent MicrosoftTechnology company Studios Links Site Mojang . It was initially launched exclusively for the Xperia PLAY on @@@#@@@Google(google.com)###@### Play for US $6.99 on Aug. 16, 2011. It was later released for other Android devices on the 7th of Oct. 2011. Minecraft Pocket Edition for iOSApple iOS is a proprietary mobile operating system for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. devices was released on Thursday, the 17th of Nov. 2011 on the iOS App Store. On Sep. 13, 2012, the Pocket Edition was made available for purchase on the @@@#@@@Amazon(amazon.com)###@### Appstore. A demo/lite version of the game, which was essentially version 0.2.1 without world save functionality, was available until Oct. 21, 2013. On Dec. 10, 2014, the Windowsis a separate viewing area on a computer display screen in a system that allows multiple viewing areas as part of a graphical user interface Phone version was released on the Windowsis a separate viewing area on a computer display screen in a system that allows multiple viewing areas as part of a graphical user interface Store, for which the Pocket Edition 1.0 releaseAnnounce and newer are only available for Windows 10 Phone and newer. Since then, four adaptations of Pocket Edition have been released; for Windows 10 ( Windows 10 Edition Windows 10 Edition Author(s) Mojang AB Platform(s) Written in C++ Latest version 1.1.2 Released Digital - Windows Store Jul. 29th, 2015 Rating(s) ESRB: E10+ 1] PEGI: 7+ 2] DEJUS: 10 3] Size 199.66 - 204.15 ), the @@@#@@@Samsung(samsung.com)###@### Gear VRVirtual Reality ( Gear VR Edition Gear VR Edition Author(s) Mojang AB Platform(s) Written in C++ Latest version 1.1.2 Released Digital - Oculus Store Apr. 27, 2016 1] Rating(s) Oculus: 13+ 2] Size 110.71 MBMegaByte License Proprietary software Source available No ), the @@@#@@@Apple(apple.com)###@### TV ( AppleTechnology company TV Edition AppleTechnology company TV Edition Author(s) Mojang AB Platform(s) Written in C++ Latest version 1.1.2 Released Dec. 19, 2016 Rating(s) Apple: 9+ Size 229 MB License Proprietary software Source available No Links Store This article is a ), and the AmazonTechnology company Fire TV ( Fire TV Edition Fire TV Edition Author(s) Mojang AB Platform(s) Written in C++ Latest version 1.1.2 Released Dec. 19, 2016 Rating(s) Amazon: Guidance Suggested 1] Size 72.4 MB License Proprietary software Source available No Links Store This article ).
- In the demo video, before the game was released, smooth lighting was available. It was taken out due to bugs being produced on a wide range of devices. As of 0.7.0, it is on by default, and since 0.8.0, it cannot be turned off.
- The terrain.png file found in filesystem of the App is nearly identical to that in the PC version, containing textures for items unimplemented in the Pocket Edition (e.g., Flowers). However in 0.8.0, this file was replaced with terrain-atlas.tga, a neater version of the previous file
- The barrier wall in old worlds is also cut by the height limit allowing players to go over it.
- The average placing/destroying block range is 4-6 on the PC version whilst for the iOS/Android is 6-9.
- Due to the auto-jump feature, if one opens the inventory or pause menu at the same time as jumping or swimming, one can go on auto-pilot and the player would jump, walk and/or swim without any commands. Auto-pilot ends once the pause menu or inventory is closed.
- This is the only edition where the Wither was added before the Ender Dragon.
- "MINECRAFT POCKET EDITION VS MINECRAFT TRIAL" (MCPE, Free Minecraft, Mobile Games, iOS, Android) (Minecraft / Minecraft Trial - )
- AKU MENEMUKAN INI DI BELAKANG DAPUR MCDONALD!!! - Minecraft Pocket Edition Indonesia MCPE (PAKAI BAJU BEACONCREAM SEKARAN)
The objective of the game remains the same as its PCPersonal Computer and Console Edition Console Edition Author(s) Mojang AB 4J Studios Platform(s) Written in C++ Latest version Xbox 360 - TU53 Xbox One - CU43 PS3 - 1.51 PS4 - 1.50 PSVita - 1.51 Wii U - Patch 23 counterparts, where players can build virtual realities in a sandbox-like environment. Like its counterparts, Pocket Edition also has survival A new Survival game of Minecraft. The health and hunger bars, as well as the hotbar, are visible. See the game mode. For other uses, see Survival (disambiguation). Survival mode is one elements present in other versions of the game such as brewing Potion brewing chart (most efficient recipes, excludes splash potions). Brewing is the process of creating potions, splash potions and lingering potions by adding various ingredients to water bottles in a brewing stand. Contents 1 Brewing , hunger See the gameplay mechanic. For the status effect, see Status effect#Hunger. The Food Bar is seen on the right, opposite the Health Bar. Hunger is an aspect of Minecraft that governs several , and dimensions like the Nether Nether may refer to: The Nether, a hell-like dimension, filled with fire, lava, and dangerous mobs. Advancements#Nether, an advancement by entering the Nether dimension. This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If and the End See the dimension. For the achievement, see Achievements#The End.. For the advancement, see Advancements#The End. A view of the central End island. The ender dragon can be seen flying around obsidian pillars, . The multiplayer See the multiplayer experience in Minecraft. For the multiplayer software, see Server. PvP (Player versus Player) on a multiplayer server. Multiplayer is the server-based version of Minecraft that enables multiple players to mode is cross-platform compatible between all touch-screen devices capable of running Pocket Edition.
The HUD The HUD and all its components in the PC edition in 1.8.9 and earlier versions. The heads-up display or HUD appears on screen while the Player is in the game. It is superimposed on his and other elements are adapted to mobile standards of gameplay. Interactions are made via touchscreen (both the iOS and Android versions of Pocket Edition have the same gameplay). To comply with the disadvantages of touchscreen gameplay, several featuresSpecial attraction were revised. For instance, the crafting Crafting is the method by which many blocks, tools, and materials are made in Minecraft. In order to craft something, players must move items from their inventory to a crafting grid. A 2×2 crafting grid system uses the MATTIS Crafting is the method by which many blocks, tools, and materials are made in Minecraft. In order to craft something, players must move items from their inventory to a crafting grid. A 2×2 crafting grid system and items are disposed by long-tapping their icon on the hotbar. For better visibility on mobile screens, blocks being aimed at are highlighted rather than outlined. Unlike mobile`s crafting menu, Windows 10 edition`s crafting menu is similar to PC and Console crafting menu. The game was released with graphics akin to that of Minecraft Alpha Alpha Starting version Alpha 1.0.0 (Jun. 28, 2010) Latest version Alpha 1.2.6 (Dec. 3, 2010) Paid Yes Alpha versions 1.0.0 to 1.2.6 are available to play in the launcher. Be that as it may, please note that these versions (bright green grass blocks, old cobblestone texture, etc.), but as of Alpha 0.8.0, graphics have become equivalent, and arguably better, than the PC version with light tinting and shading affected by the Sun The sun. The sun is a celestial body that provides light and life for the Minecraft world. Contents 1 Daytime 2 Sunlight 2.1 Effects on mobs 3 History 4 Issues 5 Trivia 6 Gallery 7 `s position. Differences from the PC edition include:
- Some mobs "Monster" redirects here. For the mob called "monster" in the code, see Human. Mobs are living, moving game entities. The term "mob" is short for "mobile". 1] Contents 1 Spawning 2 Behavior 3 List of have some sort of difference from their PC counterparts. See the Mobs section below.
- Multiplayer allows for 4 ways of player connection:
- Through LAN, allowing for 5 players to be on a single world
- Through Pocket Realms Minecraft Realms Hosts Mojang Website http://minecraft.net/realms Subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/realms/ Support address https://help.mojang.com This article needs updating. Description: PC and PE/Win10 Realms have a number of differences. 1] If you have questions that need official sources, feel . Pocket Realms was closed in Alpha 0.7.6 and now available again in Alpha 0.15.0.
- Through a user-created external server. A list of server software can be found here This page is a work in progress and needs your help Please help in the creation of this article. The talk page may contain suggestions. This article is a stub. Please help us by expanding .
- Through Xbox live
Pocket Edition differs from the PC version in a variety of ways, such as more vibrant graphics, revised terrain and exclusive items. The development team stated that once Pocket Edition is up to date with PC, it will start making its own diverse progress.
A video of an early prototype was released on Twitter, showing the game on the Xperia PLAY. The alpha version was later released, and became no longer exclusive to the Xperia PLAY on the 7th of Oct. 2011. The non-exclusive version was going to be released on Sep. 29th for Android but there were several severe bugs that needed to be fixed; the release was delayed until the 7th of Oct..
A version for iOS devices was confirmed to be released before 2012 in an interview with Mojang and was subsequently released on the 17th of Nov. 2011.
After the initial releases for iOS and Android, updates were released in parallel, with the same features being added for both platforms. During the Alpha stage, various aspects of gameplay were introduced into Pocket Edition including: crafting Crafting is the method by which many blocks, tools, and materials are made in Minecraft. In order to craft something, players must move items from their inventory to a crafting grid. A 2×2 crafting grid , smelting The furnace interface. Smelting is a method of producing refined goods in Minecraft, also known as melting, baking, cooking, burning, drying, or producing. It has the same idea as crafting; one must put in acceptable , more blocks Blocks may refer to: Block - cubes that make up the Minecraft world as a whole. Blocks music disc This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal link led you , items See items as they are in the inventory. For the entity that items and blocks turn into when dropped, see Item (entity). For the items that mobs leave behind on death, see , mobs "Monster" redirects here. For the mob called "monster" in the code, see Human. Mobs are living, moving game entities. The term "mob" is short for "mobile". 1] Contents 1 Spawning 2 Behavior 3 List of and more game modes to bring it closer to the PC version. As the Minecraft Pocket Edition development team works closely, often blocks released on the computer version are released around the same time for the Pocket Edition. Certain features were also tested on Pocket Edition before their PC releases, such as beetroots Beetroot Type Food Restores 1 () Cookable No Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Luminance No First appearances See History Data values PC: dec: 434 hex: 1B2 bin: 110110010 Pocket Edition:: dec: 457 hex: 1C9 bin: 111001001 Name beetroot This article is and their related items, and also block models.
Starting on Nov. 22, 2013, Mojang began to publicly release testing versions of full updates to Android users who opt into the beta program, in order to get major feedback, especially for bug reporting. This enabled the official updates to be considerably more stable.
Versions from 0.8.0 to 0.12.1 required opting into a Google+ group to receive development builds. Players would then see development updates appear as normal updates in the Play Store. On Jul. 17, 2015, the Google+ group was removed due to the amount of spam and advertisements that the group attracted." On Nov. 3, 2015, the PE Beta team published a dedicated blog which was subsequently used for users to opt into the 0.13.0 beta program and to display changelogs for these development builds.
As of Dec. 2013, Pocket Edition had sold 16.5 million copies, while in the same time, PC had sold 13 million. These calculations came out after the 0.8.0 update.
On Dec. 2, 2016, Marsh Davies announced that Pocket Edition had sold over 40 million copies (at the time, PC had sold over 24 million).
This is considered a huge success, having Pocket Edition be more popular than any edition, though considered to be the least developed.
It is also usually in the top 10 and regularly #1 in the App Store`s and GoogleTechnology company Play`s Paid Apps Section in the Top Charts.
iOS & Others
The iOS and other versions featureSpecial attraction a D-pad at the bottom-left corner of the screen, which controls movement. When moving forward, two strafing buttons will appear. The jump button is located on the bottom-right corner, and the sneak is in the center of the D-pad. Sneaking can be achieved by double tapping this button. The location of the jump button and the sneak button can be swapped, in the controls section of the options menu. Note that when moving towards an adjacent block that is one level higher than the player, the player will automatically jump up the block. This can also be disabled in the controls section of the options menu. One can place blocks by tapping the screen in a desired location. Destroying blocks is similar to the PC version`s way, but rather than clicking the mouse, the player taps and holds. Split controls can also be used, which allows you to place and break blocks similarly to PC, where a crosshair appears and allows you to place blocks using that. To change to your camera view, go to Settings > Video. There should be a dropdown button displaying your current view, and tapping on it will open a dropdown menu allowing you to choose different camera views. To open the inventory screen, tap the triple dotted button on the right of the hot bar. You can touch and hold an item in the hot bar to throw it, and if the hot bar contains a stack of items, it will throw the entire stack. You cannot divide it unless interfacing with a container (chest, furnace).
*Controlled with slide out PlayStation keyboard:
– Open inventory
– Scroll right in hotbar
– Jump (press twice to toggle flying mode in Creative*)
Left Touchpad: Sneak
Right Touchpad: Look/Turn
Select: Open crafting Crafting is the method by which many blocks, tools, and materials are made in Minecraft. In order to craft something, players must move items from their inventory to a crafting grid. A 2×2 crafting grid menu (Survival only)
L1: Break Blocks
R1: Place Blocks
- * To fly: Quickly press jump twice in a row. To ascend, hold the up on the other side of the screen button and press up on the directional pad. To descend, hold jump and press down. (Creative only)
All devices have an option to enable Split Touch Controls, which may be more suitable for bigger screens. There is a crosshair and dragging your finger across the screen lets the player rotate the camera.
Other than the screen size difference allowing any number of slots in the hotbar, the tablet version of the game is the same as other versions, hence the ability to play multiplayer cross-platform with other devices.
Windows 10 Edition
Windows 10 Edition has 3 control options:
- Keyboard: Similar controls to PC.
- Touch Screen: Used with Windows 10 PC`s touch screen. The controls are exactly like the ones in Pocket Edition.
- Controller: Used with compatible controllers, with a similar button layout to Console Edition`s controls. These controls can be customized.
|Version||Android 4.2 "Jelly Bean" (MCPE 0.11.1 & under require Android 3.0 and up; MCPE 0.7.2 & under require Android 2.3.0 and up)||iOS 8.0 (MCPE 0.14.3 & under require iOS 6; MCPE 0.14.1 requires iOS 5; MCPE 0.7.2 & under require iOS 4.3.3 and up)|
|Processor||Any with support of floating-point calculations ("ARM-v7a code") and Neon||600MHz ARMv7 Cortex CPU |
800MHz Apple A5 CPU
|Graphics||Any with support of OpenGL ES 2.0|
|Storage||12.5 MB (100 MB to 1GB is the max to save a map)||9.5 MB (100 MB to 1GB is the max to save a map)|
|Data Connection||Optional (Realms access)||Optional (Realms access)|
|Supported Devices|| |
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray
|iPod Touch (5th, 6th Generation) |
iPhone (4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus)
iPad (2nd, 3rd, 4th, Air, Air 2, 7th Generation)
iPad Mini (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Generation)
Some devices below these specifications have been known to work fine either with or without custom ROM images, kernels, and overclocking of the CPU. Be that as it may, the CPU "MSM7227" is not supported due to its lack of the floating-point unit. The processor "Tegra 2" is also not supported because the possessor has no support for Neon.
- Make sure your battery is charged, and/or plugged in (3D gaming drains the battery quickly).
- Get used to the controls before playing on servers (it is easy to mine the block under a torch by mistake).
- Tap and hold an item in the hotbar to drop it.
- Peer-to-peer networking requires TCP/UDP port 19132
- If you`re having trouble with block placement/mining accuracy - turn on split touch controls. This brings up the crosshair from the PC and Console versions to allow more precise placement. Also, you don`t have to move your finger around the screen a lot.
- If you want to move your old PE world to a computer, see these instructions.
Notch and the @@@#@@@Sony(sony.com)###@### Ericsson Xperia PLAY
Main menu before 0.7.0 Alpha
The objective of the game remains the same as its original PC, PlayStation 3 Edition, and Xbox Edition counterparts, where players can build virtual realities in a sandbox-based game. The goal is to survive and build a house to protect the player from hostile Mobs, or enemies. The Multiplayer mode is cross-platform compatible between Android and iOS.
A video of an early prototype was released on Twitter, showing the game on the Xperia PLAY. The Alpha version was recently released, and it is no longer exclusive to the Xperia PLAY as of the 7th of October 2011. The non-exclusive version was going to be released on September 29th for Android but there were still a few severe bugs that needed to be fixed, so the release was delayed until the 7th of October. A version for iOS devices was confirmed to be released before 2012 during an interview with Mojang, and it was subsequently released on the 17th of November 2011.
Survival Mode was added in version 0.2.0. The current version was supposed to be released on February 8th for submission to Apple and Android stores for approval, but Daniel Kaplan announced on his Twitter feed that it would be delayed due to bugs. The update was submitted to Apple and Android stores for approval on February 10th instead. On February 11th, Daniel Kaplan announced on his Twitter feed that the update was available for Android users. The update was approved by Apple and released on the 17th of February. This update had been advertised as "laying the groundwork for survival mode." It included many bug fixes and behind the scenes upgrades that allowed for Survival Mode to be included. It also included animals, new blocks, and tools. Crafting was not included in this update due to GUI difficulties. The Nether was added in version 0.12.0, and several Redstone related items were added in version 13.0.
PE has been very successful in sales. 30 million copies of Minecraft: Pocket Edition have been sold over the iOS and Android platforms, making it, ironically, arguably more popular than the PC version (which has sold over 18 million copies).
Both the iOS and Android versions of Pocket Edition have the same gameplay, with the following differences:
- With the update, tools were added. These are: Swords, Shovels, Pickaxes, Axes, and Shears.
- Neither Sand nor Gravel move directly above the nearest block directly below them (this was Classic`s version of falling).
- The hotbar only contains five different blocks (or 8 for other devices with wide screen, such as the Xperia Play and the Galaxy Note versions)
- In Multiplayer mode, the maximum number of players is 5.
- It is not possible to fall off the world. However, in Creative Mode, the player can dig down through bedrock into the void. If flying is equipped, getting too close to the Void will suck the player which will result in the player`s death.
- In Survival, dropping into the Void and dying will not affect the player`s hotbar, and, consequentially, all of the player`s blocks and items will still be there when they spawn again.(assuming they respawn)
The Android version features a D-Pad at the bottom-left corner of the screen, which controls movement. The jump button is located in the center of the D-Pad. Note that when moving towards an adjacent block that is one level higher than the Player , the player will automatically jump up the block. One can place blocks by tapping the screen in the desired location. Destroying blocks is similar to the PC version`s way, but rather than tapping, the player taps and holds. The search button can be used to be able to change the camera to and from third person view, but now this has to be done via the pause screen, and the menu and back buttons will open the pause screen. To open the inventory screen, tap the triple dotted button on the right of the hot bar.
Controlled with slide out PlayStation keyboard:
- : Jump (To Fly, see below menu)
- : Cycle inventory right
- : Cycle inventory left
- : Bring up inventory
- D-Pad: Move
- Right Touchpad: Look/Turn
- Menu: Pause
Simply press jump twice in a row. To fly higher, press the up arrow twice in a row. Also, hold up after second press to fly upwards non-stop. Repeat for the bottom arrow to go down. (Creative Only, Changed in 0.2.1)
The controls on iOS are very similar to the Android version with the exception of the search and back buttons. To open the pause screen one must press the pause icon in the top right corner. In the Lite Version, the pause button is the inventory instead of the menu. To switch to third person view: first open the menu,
- Then tap the button with the square with an icon of a player in it. (v0.6.1)
- Then tap the "Options" button, then tap the "Third Person View" button and the button should light up. (v0.7.0)
- In both Creative and Survival modes, when a fence with no other blocks around it in the same altitude or higher than a radius of ten blocks (half a circle surrounding the fence), the fence will not render and instead become "invisible".
- Sometimes, the world generator will generate flying sand. It will fall ONLY if the block updates.